ELITE : SIX - Decision Makers
Think Tank Topic: Crisis Management
Jul 28, 2020
DANNY : DE HEK / ELITE : SIX Members
ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over Zoom with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
Facilitated by DANNY : DE HEK meetings are recorded for our Podcast, we’ve been doing this since COVID-19 if you’re interested in joining in with us check out our website at www.elite6.co.nz
- Get into other people's heads - understand their energy, challenges and be practical about offering solutions.
- Your ability to react positively to imposed change will keep your business ahead of the pack.
- Crisis is an opportunity revaluate, reassess & react positively.
- Identify what the crisis actually is and how it may impact on yourself or business
- Look to work with like minded people or collaborate with a business that tells with yours
- Look at tools to help your business (e.g. VR software to create immersive 360 tours etc.)
- Be able to work anywhere
- Look to take your business online
- Diversify our businesses
- Learn new ways of communicating with clients
- Stay positive, mindset is key
- Bugger, Bugger
- A crisis will highlight your system deficiencies.
- Meeting peoples expectations
- Build redundancy into your systems
- Health (stress, diet etc.)
- Realised you didn’t have a plan when a crisis hit
- Earthquakes - lack of planning
- Proper fire equipment on hand
- Apply for funds, grants
- Back up your data in a few places
- Networking asking others for help and guidance!
- Business Continuity Planning. What is important and how can you protect it?
- Understand client expectations then exceed them
- Bookmark sources of reliable, current and simple information.
- NAS could be the offline online file back up solution network-attached storage
- Have an emergency kit with crisis information in it for when a crisis happens
- Be prepared for every eventuality
- Know what you can offer and be prepared to clearly offer this.
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC - BECOMING AN AUTHORITY IN YOUR FIELD