ELITE : SIX - Decision Makers
Think Tank Topic: Becoming an Authority in your Field
Aug 05, 2020
DANNY : DE HEK / ELITE : SIX Members
ELITE : SIX Think Tank meetings are discussed over Zoom with our members every Friday at 9:30am.
Facilitated by DANNY : DE HEK meetings are recorded for our Podcast, we’ve been doing this since COVID-19 if you’re interested in joining in with us check out our website at www.elite6.co.nz
- Perception is reality
- Highest profiles has the loudest voice
- Action makes your relevant
- Buy a qualification on-line!
- Training, Certification
- Customer experience (referrals) = credible authority
- Authority = knowledge + experience
- Runs on the board, not necessarily qualifications
- Get the skills and write the book about your field of expertise - it helps establish you as an expert.
- Practical experience vs qualifications
- Self appointed authority
- Have accumulated a bank of real world experience to draw upon for others
- An authority or expert can always learn more
- People lie
- Some experts can't translate their ideas/concepts into language that people can understand
- "Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt
- Always going to get haters - tall poppy
- The time and money it can take to get the knowledge/experience needed to be able to position us as experts.
- Flash labelling does not mean quality
- Get your clients to talk to your prospects
- Case studies
- Learning from someone who is an authority in their field
- University will not be around in the future Educating kids at school to be entrepreneurs and leaders
- Lifelong Learning
- Take part in discussion forums and networking so people can become aware of your skills and knowledge without making commitments.
- Show authority by references and reviews and word of mouth
- Be prepared to put in the hard yards to become an expert
- You can be an expert in your field but there is always more to learn
- We need to provide credentials that back up our expertise
- Membership of professional bodies
NEXT WEEKS TOPIC - BUSINESS ETHICS